Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 924.

I've implemented hspace and vspace combinators for the picture language. Their implementation justifies adding Blank as a picture constructor.

The following simple definition of hspace is invalid:

-- > hspace n a b = a ->- (moveH n b)

The movement due to moveH n is annulled by the (->-) operator which moves relative to the bounding box. Somehow changing the bounding box of picture b seems more complicated than sandwiching a blank picture between them:

-- > hspace n a b = a ->- blankH n ->- b

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.