Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 889.

Some tidying up after the changes to the picture types.

Unfortunately I didn't fully work through the changes to the pictures types, and I've realized that in the current form I'll be sending a lot of redundant graphics state changes to PostScript. Essentially I've put all attribute data in the leaves of the tree (the picture type is a tree; paths, labels are the leaves); this is fine for SVG but not good for PostScript. With PostScript I use gsave ... grestore like local in Haskell's reader (environment) monad, but as I've distributed everything to the leaves effectively I'll only ever be running one command inside local.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.