Monday, November 17, 2008

ZMidi

Copperbox revision 337.

I've improved the error reporting when parsing fails in ZMidi and the sample app MidiPrint.

MidiPrint will print a log of all the parsed Midi events up to the failure. Unfortunately ZMidi isn't so robust when parsing Midi files that are created by 'synthesizers' rather than programs like abc2midi or LilyPond. Files created by synthesizers can often have events that aren't accounted for in descriptions of the Midi file format that I've seen on the web.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.