Monday, November 24, 2008

Bala

Copperbox revision 350.

The latest set of changes for Bala - which are notable for commenting out most of Saturday's work.

I haven't really worked out the composition mechanisms for Bala. Obviously I'd like to build bigger pieces from smaller ones - sections from phrases, phrases from motifs, but I'm missing something to do this. The example SambaBaiao is illustrative - ideally I'd like the tap pattern to play a different pitch or even a chord to the foot pattern that it overlays. Does this mean I should transform both patterns before I overlay them, or preferably, can I transform a complete structure once it is built?

At the moment I really just have fmap / functor transformation so every element within a container is similarly transformed - what I would need is traversal control to change say just the top motif in an overlay (the focused shape-contents traversals have capabilities above fmap but I need something else here).

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.