Friday, November 14, 2008

Bala and HNotate

Copperbox revision 329.

I've coded most for the translation from the Bala DSL to HNotate. It works up to overlays (i.e. parallel bars - voice overlays in Abc). It looks like I'll have to change HNotate a bit to get Bala's overlays working though.

Overlays in HNotate branch the event list making it a tree, I think the best option will be to give the first line in an overlay a distinguished position - it continues the music line forward (rightwards). Overlays can branch but there should always be a distinguished line as in 'railroad' syntax diagrams. Pity I don't have a picture handy...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.