Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HNotate

Copperbox revisions 321 & 322.

Revision 321 missing a file and won't build, added in revision 322.

The new revision includes a rough provisional implementation of outputting from PPrint style document combinators rather than template files (again).

I've made a lot of progress since I decided to abandon document combinators for template files, but doing the Scales example with Bala I realized that templates have a significant limitation: for each scale I wanted to render, I need a pluggable hole in the template file. I couldn't dynamically decide how many scales to output.

Document combinators don't have this problem and also the new ones can work pretty well with the 'evaluation machinery' already in place for templates. Although I don't intend making it as large as the last attempt (see here), the current version will need quite a lot of work - there are only enough combinators to get a test to work and no support for Abc.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.