Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bala and HNotate

Copperbox revision 341.

Bala - I've added a new 'structural' music EDSL - Structural2. I will replace Structural with this module once I've added HNotate output to Structural2 - currently it just has Midi and ascii output. Also I'll probably rename it as well. The treatment of 'ragged overlays' is sharper in Structural2 than Structural. A ragged overlay is something like this, where line-b extends past line-a:

aaaaaaa
bbbbbbbb

Structural was a bit adhoc about handling these. Structural2 has better defined 'packing' - line-a will be packed to line-b, and both will be packed to the end of the bar if necessary:

aaaa|aaa.|....|
...b|bbbb|bbb.|


HNotate - I've moved the function divModR into Duration so it is visible to Bala. Also it didn't work properly so I've sorted that out.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.