Sunday, October 31, 2010

wumpus-basic

Copperbox revision 1837.

I'm reworking the Graphic.Base types so that the functionals are "inside" the DrawingR newtype.

Previously I had:

> type LocGraphic u = Point2 u -> DrawingR (PrimGraphic u)

Now I have

> type LocGraphic u = DrawingR (Point2 u -> PrimGraphic u)

I'm hypothesizing that this change will generally make the code more uniform, however it is only a hypothesis. As far as I can tell, Conal Elliott's Vertigo used this second form (though it avoided wrapping functionals with newtypes).

Quite a lot of code is currently broken and there is quite a lot of old code in Graphic.Base that will need removing when I have everything working again.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.