Sunday, October 24, 2010

toy-font-metrics

Copperbox revision 1823.

I've started a new project to extract metrics from AFM files. These are the font metrics files that accompany PostScript (Type 1) fonts and are used by still used by GhostScript. All code is very preliminary, little more than stub modules.

Wumpus really needs better font handling, so I've decided to start with AFM files - even though they are rather antiquated, they are a lot simpler than TrueType fonts. At some point Wumpus-Basic will incorporate the work in toy-font-metrics, Wumpus-Core just renders what it is given so it can remain in happy ignorance of font metrics.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.