Saturday, October 16, 2010

wumpus-basic

Copperbox revision 1803.

Some preliminary re-working of AnchorDots and Marks. I've moved and renamed the file Basic.Dots to Basic.Dots.AnchorDots and renamed the file Basic.Dots.Primitive to Basic.Dots.Marks. Marks are dots without anchors, AnchorDots are obviously dots with anchors.

I'm getting more of an idea about what I'm actually doing. As I'm trying to reduce the use of monadic operations in the code, I'm finding that a lot of the operations I'm replacing them with are similar to the regular applicative and monadic composition functions but they have more "static arguments". For the function instance Monad and Applicative work on a single "static argument" - synonymous to the Reader monad. I'm often working with two or more static arguments - the drawing context occupies the first so Applicative and Monad work directly here, but when I have LocGraphics there are two static arguments the drawing context and the start point. Similarly ThetaLocGraphic has three static arguments - the drawing context, the start point and the angle of displacement that the arrow head or whatever is drawn at.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.