Sunday, October 10, 2010

wumpus-basic

Copperbox revision 1779.

I've changed Plaintext to accommodate multi-line text, however, the changes cause a lot of problems. The type of Plaintext changes as it must access the drawing context for font-size and this stops (pseudo-)affine transformations working on it.

"Must access the drawing context" is not strictly true - with more careful coding I could probably avoid reading the drawing context until Plaintext is drawn. That said, the current code at least flags up problems I'll have to do some thinking about: what objects should support the pseudo affine transformations and how should I use lifters? Currently all drawing uses the lifters draw and drawi extensively, maybe this is not opportune.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.