Sunday, May 16, 2010

wumpus

Copperbox revision 1341.

I've changed the argument order of textlabel and ztextlabel so that point is the last argument. This has cascaded quite a few changes.

More controversially, I'm wondering if I can accommodate affine transformations on Primitives in wumpus-core. This will be a good optimization for wumpus-extra, but I'm not sure if it makes sense. Wumpus-core has an implementation simplicity because it transmits all affine transformations to PostScript - (bounding boxes are a slight caveat). But this has quite a overhead for making pictures out of many dots (e.g. scatter plots), and I've already added a hack frameMulti to allow primitives to be composed into Pictures. Maybe I can extend this by allowing primitives to be transformed 'on the Haskell side'...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.