Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PSC

Copperbox revision 1377.

I've improved the spark line module and worked out how I want to control the size of the drawing and where the responsibility lies in the API for interpolating the data into a drawable range. Next, I'll have give the implementation some style as it is still pretty rough.

How it works:

The drawing size is mind-full of purpose of sparklines to be datawords in Edward Tufte's terminology.

Y-values are drawn as percentages of the font height, the client should supply a function that interpolates the y-value into the range [0.0 .. 100.0].

Each point is considered a letter, so the x-value is scaled according to that. Again the client must supply an interpolating function.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.