Tuesday, March 29, 2011

wumpus-drawing

Copperbox revision 2268.

I've implemented limited fills for DocText. Previously fills were a DocText transformer:

> rfill :: u -> DocText u -> DocText u

Now, they are a construction function:

> rfillString :: u -> String -> DocText u

It's easy to post-transform both the Orientation object produced by the query part of a DocText and the BoundingBox produced by the LocImage, unfortunately fill behaviour needs the LocImage pre-transforming - shifting it right for a right-fill. I can't do this, as I need to render the Image to know how much to initially move it by.

The previous DocText got round this by tracking width, but this would mean changing the DocText type which I don't particularly want to do. So, I'll see if I can live with limited fill.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.