Thursday, March 10, 2011

wumpus-basic

Copperbox revision 2193.

I've completely re-worked the Image and Graphic objects to transparently support units - even contextual ones like em and en. This has meant removing the ContextFun types and instead coding Image, LocImage, Connector as singular newtype wrapped functions.

To support answers with the type system enforcing the unit type the new objects are no longer functors. Actually they weren't really functors previously - but the underlying CF1, CF2, CF3 context funs were. The result of this is that combining the new objects needs special purpose combinators as bind, fmap etc. can no longer be used. I've coded enough combinators to translate the drawing primitives but I haven't treated them systematically.

Also some of the objects - Bounded, PosImage, AdvGraphic and the displacement functions - haven't yet been updated. Currently only the new demo VerySimple.hs works.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.