Friday, September 10, 2010

wumpus-core

Copperbox revision 1692.

Changes to the syntax of Pictures - primitives are now nested in a tree to better match how SVG handles hyperlinks.

For this change, I've just added the new code moving hyperlinks up a level in the syntax tree, I haven't removed the old code where hyperlinks are attributed to Primitives. I will do this in the next commit, as well as removing the hyperlinked primitive constructors (xcstroke, xtextlabel, ...).

Unfortunately, while the new work better matches SVG it adds some penalties - more constructors in the tree making pictures take more runtime space and some processing overheads. These penalties are incurred whether or not the picture actually has hyperlinks - each primitive is now wrapped in an extra constructor.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.