Sunday, October 11, 2009

MT

Copperbox revision 827.

I've reached a dead end with the current incarnation of Bala. The current examples do an adequate job of generating LilyPond, but they are poor models of music - the LilyPond output is shorter, more concise than the program code to generate it. So I'm going to work on something else - MT. I don't plan to make MT into a usable library, but keep it as a set of sketches translating some pieces of (mathematical) music theory into code. The first sketches are modules implementing the T/I (translation - inversion) and PLR groups.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.