Saturday, November 6, 2010

wumpus

Copperbox revision 1852.

Changes to both Wumpus-Basic and Wumpus-Fontkit to account for the AfmUnit datatype moving from Core to Basic.Also I'm starting work on replacing LRText with something that works with the bounding boxes and advance vectors in font files.

Bounding boxes and advance vectors are quite visible in AFM files, in OpenType files the htmx table has advance vectors and the glyf table has character bounding boxes. My old project ZFont can already access these tables but it is very rough and I never worked out the relation between glyphs and there indices in OpenType / TrueType files. For a while I can limit the scope to AFM and the core PostScript font files.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.