Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HNotate

Copperbox revision 297.

I've cleaned up the BuildNoteList module - the last one rather complicated, I wrote in a fit of enthusiasm after discovering apomorphisms. The latest one uses a nice new typeclass Fits which might suffer the terrible fate of being used for only one type. If I had of written Fits before the new pretty printer I might have used it in that, but the 'fitting' there is much simpler than for the note list (where none-fitting notes must be split across bars with ties) - putting it in the pretty printer now might actually complicate things.

Thinking about yesterdays comment, I'm changing my opinion and I think I was wrong to 'add context' to the annotations and might remove the Abc / LilyPond differentiation rather than extend it. Apropos the 'canonical notelist' I mentioned, it is quite possible that annotation will be best done as a traversal / transformation over the canonical notelist, with different transformer functions for Abc and LilyPond.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.