Tuesday, February 22, 2011

zwav

Copperbox revision 2164.

New experiment using buffered output via an IOUArray rather than a ByteString, the stream type is a plain recursive, head-stream stream with no stream fusion.

The speed improvements seem compelling - a simple sine wave interpreted with GHCi takes approx 2-3 seconds to generate a second of output. Compiled with -O2, a 9 second sine wave is generated in a couple of seconds. Output is 44100 Hz, 16 bit, 1 channel WAV file and my processor is a 1.5GHz Pentium. This is certainly good enough for my uses.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.