Tuesday, August 31, 2010

wumpus-fresh

Copperbox revision 1652.

I've implemented the SVG "trivial transformation" for Wumpus-Fresh.

The trivial transformation scales the initial picture by (1, -1) to get the origin at the top-left, then 'undoes' this transformation for certain primitives (i.e. text labels) that would otherwise be printed upside down. This is the transformation that all the released versions of Wumpus-Core use.

I've gotten bogged down trying to replace this transformation with an optimized version that does more work in the code generation and puts fewer matrix transformations in the generated SVG. Wumpus-Fresh is a fork of Wumpus-Core solely so I can make this transformation easier (by reifying affine transformations as syntax rather than matrix operations, so the are more easily reversible), but after a week on Wumpus-Fresh I really don't know how this transformation should work. The sensible option seems to be polish up Fresh as it stands (as the code is generally better than Core), and merge it back into Core.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.