Friday, August 20, 2010

wumpus-core

Copperbox revision 1623.

More tidying up of the SVG output code. I might now be in a position to look at reworking the coordinate transformation code for SVG.

SVG uses top-left as the origin whereas Wumpus and PostScript use bottom-right. In the SVG output I use an initial matrix transformation [1 0 0 -1 0 0] to change the orientation, then for text-labels I do an inverse transformation (otherwise they are displayed upside down).

I'm not sure how expensive this is for the renderer, but translating the coordinates at the generation stage will always be more efficient even if only slightly.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.