Thursday, August 19, 2010

wumpus-core

Copperbox revision 1613.

I've renamed the Single constructor to Leaf in the Picture datatype.

With hindsight, the Picture datatype is rather inadequate - it is biased towards many pictures (graphic within an affine frame) of single primitives (path, text) rather than few pictures of many primitives. In the PostScript output, the extra use of affine frames is optimized away as most of the frames are the identity frame; but for SVG, the output generates many 'g' blocks which is an extra layer of nesting.

Picture would be better as a binary tree, where Leaf is a list of Primitives and Picture is a binary node. I'm going to look at moving to this in the next round of work.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.