Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 681.

At last! Decent arrowheads for curves and solved by my favourite method.

The method is to really just functional decomposition - but the decomposition should be so small that the parts are obviously correct[1] and the parts should correspond to catalogued functions whenever possible (by catalogued I mean functions that exist already, say in a geometry text, rather than my own invention). In this case getting decent arrows was largely a case of recognizing I needed a bisector function that returns the besecting vector between its two arguments.

[1] I'm careless here, as I haven't been systematic in my handling of angles. It might be that angles greater then 180 degrees will cause me problems. But they do look correct...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.