Friday, July 17, 2009

Mullein

Copperbox revision 692.

I've started a branch of Mullein, to experiment with simplifying the internal syntax.

I don't like how Mullein represents musically structures larger than a bar as motifs, phrases and parts. These structures are pretty arbitrary, so it seems better to do away with them altogether and somehow print structure with functions - at its simplest this will mean adding functions to print sequences of bars and repeats. Also within a bar it would be nice to avoid the overlay syntax if the particular score doesn't use then, so I want to try and make overlays optional.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.