Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 634.

I've now got a passable arrowhead coded in coordinate-free style. I've had no insights into how to add frames to the affine transformations, to get a workable rotation function I defined a rotateAbout function that is just the common TRT^-1 transformation and takes the rotation origin as a parameter.

Getting the arrowhead to work has reinforced a particular clumsiness in Wumpus where I can't translate all the points in a figure (polygon, etc.). Using fmap doesn't work because polygons are parametric on the numeric inside (Point a) rather than the point itself. Looks like I need a Pointwise typeclass.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.