Monday, June 15, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 628.

Added a prototype implementation of de Casteljau's curve subdivision algorithm.

It's implemented with just affine space operations and points and vectors. While this isn't news to someone well versed in geometry it was revealing to me that I didn't need extra objects (line segments) or new operations. I had a lot of trouble studying presentations of de Casteljau's algorithm as I thought the presentations were doing point addition which is of course a geometric no-no, it turns out they weren't of course.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.