Tuesday, June 30, 2009

stream-calculus

Copperbox revision 657.

I've been playing with the Hinze-Streams library, which got me interested in the stream calculus of Jan Rutten. Hinze-Streams have a different multiplication to Rutten's stream calculus, so I though I'd have a go at writing the stream calculus in Haskell.

I'm not sure whether this will develop into a proper implementation. The definitions in Rutten's work are so compact that there's ample room for errors in translation; I imagine a test suite will be more work than the operators themselves.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.