Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 617.

Arghh! The idiom that yesterday I thought was promising for graphical objects hasn't turned out so well. Essentially I was making graphical objects a pair of (representation, properties) where representation is say a list of points for a polygon and properties are line width, fill colour etc. But this mandates a horrible tower of aliased selector functions (through type classes) to manipulate them.

I've committed the initial changes to use this idiom, but it already seems like a dead end.

A side note, unlike Clastic and Pan I'm not considering the graphical objects to be functions 'from Point to ...', my graphical objects are first-order (points, lists-of-points, etc). Maybe this is my real problem - that I'm not getting the heart of my (co)-domain.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.