Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wumpus

Copperbox revision 599.

Another attempt at a PostScript output library. Wumpus uses a writer monad to emit output as it goes along, rather than tries to build a syntax tree. Emitting output rather than building a tree to pretty print is the approach used by PiScript and the OCaml library postscript.ml. Hawa my previous attempt had tried to build a syntax tree, but I was never sure it was a viable way.

Incidentally, Wumpus gets its name from w(riter) m(onad) p(ost) s(cript).

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.