Saturday, February 25, 2012

glsl-syntax

Copperbox revision 2712.

I've picked up on the old GL Shading Language parser and pretty printer. It will be useful to change the pretty printer to use hpj-pretty-expr as the GL Shading Language is big enough to be considered industrial strength.

Clearly I hadn't discovered Hughes lists when I first worked on GLSL as I was using Data.Seq in the syntax tree so I could build with snoc-ing.

There is some connection between shading languages and Csound and Supercollider instrument languages. Both types of language essentially describe what goes on in a single iteration of a rendering loop.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.