Sunday, May 15, 2011

wumpus-basic

Copperbox revision 2394.

Major change - I've changed the representation of drawing objects - Image, LocImage, Connector etc. - to newtype wrapped monads rather than ContextFuns.

I'd thought about doing this for a while, but felt it would obscure the fact that drawing objects are functions from Drawing Context to Prim but ContextFuns hardly made this clear either. Also, I thought it would doom me to over using type classes but the change has been agreeable so far - one new simple type class and two complicated but at least "regular" ones to handle the arity of the drawing objects.

It goes without saying that lots of code is currently broken - however the VerySimple example works correctly.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.