Sunday, February 8, 2009

OTFont

Copperbox revision 458.

I've added a new experiment - OTFont. As I've been working on the FreeType binding, I've been mindful that it might be actually not be that hard to read the font file directly (and keep everything in Haskell). For my purposes I want the vector outline of a font (so I can get it into OpenVG), which is stored in the font in the first place. As capable as FreeType is I don't really need it's power.

At least I think I don't need it, we'll see how far I get with OTFont.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.