Saturday, February 28, 2009

HMinCaml

Copperbox revision 488.

Working on Hawa reminded me that I really don't have much of an idea about code generation and the other back end stuff of compilers (I'd like to think I'm reasonably handy at the front-end stuff, I've been writing parsers and parser tools for years).

I don't think that just by fiddling about with Hawa I'm going to have an epiphany and suddenly work out how to write a nice code generator, at least not any time soon. So I've decided to play with Eijiro Sumii's MinCaml and see what I can learn from it. Naturally my plan is to write a Haskell translation...

Hopefully this will be a fairly bounded project, it was my intention to spend the first part of this year doing solely graphics. I've done the parser today and a bit of the emitter.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.