Friday, December 5, 2008

HNotate and Bala

Copperbox revision 369.

I've tidied up the Fits type class and made it handle hyphenation better. Previously any split element of type Atom would be hyphenated with a tie. This meant rests and spacer rests were being tied as well as notes, also chords weren't tied as their type is Grouping (this data type still needs a better name) not Atom. Looking at Conal Elliott's nice Segment type class I realized I could get rid of the Fit data type within the Fits module and just use the Fits type class. Actually I could have used Conal's class, but for HNotate its convenient to have the hyphenate function in the same place as the split function.

Bala has also been updated to take the changes to Fits.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.