Friday, June 27, 2014

ochre-lang

Copperbox revision 3166.

More work on supporting tuples, binding multiple return opcodes (e.g. ins, pan) is now possible.

However, my thinking has moved on since yesterday - I now think tuples should be first class, whereas yesterday I thought they would only be needed for destructuring at opcode binding sites (ins, pan again). If tuples aren't first class we can't write methods that return tuples, this is a too severe restriction as it limits modularity.

Because Csound doesn't have tuples, I will need to think carefully about how to implement them - they must be eliminated in translation.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.