Sunday, December 22, 2013

zmidi-core

Copperbox revision 3053.

I've had a rethink about SysEx messages and zmidi-core is back to parsing them as raw data.

Previously zmidi missed SysEx messages encoded as mutli-packet messages or escape sequences - datatypes for these have been added, though parsing with ReadFile is incomplete (output with WriteFile is complete - the implementation is simpler).

It looks like the best option to extract "musically useful" SysEx messages will be to run a post-processor on the AST. I'll look at this tomorrow.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.