Tuesday, December 17, 2013

majalan

Copperbox revision 3051.

I've implemented grace note for SoloPart. Because notes, chords etc. are like Writer's tell (monadic commands rather than functions producing tangible syntax), prefixing with a grace note is a transformer (SoloPart -> SoloPart). This makes for an odd API - notes, chords are commands but adding a grace is a transformer.

On the plus side, duration stealing works - a grace should steal an eighth (or whatever) from the note it precedes so that the music stays on the beat.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.