Thursday, November 28, 2013

majalan

Copperbox revision 3034.

I've added a new note list fragment builder (Legato) that improves on Advance.

Although Advance is conceptually fairly simple, it is not so musically useful. Because it places events end-to-end it cannot account for staccato phrases - notes sounding for shorter than their notated durations - and legato / sostenuto phrases - notes sustained for longer than their notated duration. Despite being called Legato (for want of a name) the new fragment builder enables both.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.