Sunday, November 17, 2013

majalan

Copperbox revision 3024.

Initial work on a new example.

I intend that the new example should be somewhat musical, so I've been testing the builtin Csound instruments. I've found three from the STK collection that I think I like enough, though they could do with some tweaking. Also I'll have to establish the gamut in which they sound good enough for composition - synthesized sounds seem to have a disappointingly small range over which they sound attractive.

Also I've corrected a long standing bug in the formatting of the score output. A mix up of the pretty print combinators hcat and hsep.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.