Sunday, July 28, 2013

flea circus

Copperbox revision 2990.

I've added another control / motion experiment - Pachinko.

In a nutshell, it seems that holding down the left or right arrows for constant motion is not going to work. So I need a new control strategy that uses singular key presses. Pachinko seems like a good model - start the flea off with maximum velocity and let its acceleration very slowly decay to zero. Jumping is still controlled by a key press (so there is some deviation from Pachinko), but left or right direction is determined by the initial motion and collisions rather than user action.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.