Friday, April 20, 2012

micro-ochre

Copperbox revision 2736.

micro-ochre a genuine EDSL compiler - it optimizes! - that works!

micro-ochre generates Csound instruments. Just two opcodes - oscil and out - are supported, but the compiler uses a "proper" intermediate representation (K Normal Form) and it does genuine optimizations (const folding, beta-reduction, useless let elimination). The final codegen is flaky but it generates the test instrument and that instrument works.

Depending how you count I first started working on this 10 years ago (generating RTCmix with PLT Scheme), so although the success comes with heavy caveats, I'm pleased.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.