Sunday, January 18, 2009

Haskell FreeType binding

Copperbox revision 420.

More work on the low level interface to FreeType.

I think I need to be a bit more thoughtful about which data structures I marshal to Haskell and which I leave in C especially when the C data structures have internal data. The FreeType type FT_FaceRec isn't marshaled across, instead there are peek functions to read the public fields and as the data is immutable and stays on the C side, there is no need for a Storable instance with poke.

There are probably quite a few structs that I went ahead an wrote the Storable instance for, that shouldn't have one.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.