Sunday, June 9, 2013

flea circus

Copperbox revision 2981.

Work on the mechanics of flea movement.

Ideally, I want the flea to run with a decaying initial burst of velocity when you press left or right arrow key (if you keep left or right held down the flea keeps running at constant speed). Flea jumping should then 'inherit' the current direction and velocity with no changing direction mid-jump.

I think I have coded this, unfortunately it doesn't work well - using a keyboard doesn't yield a jump key press if you are running left or right (holding down the left or right arrow keys). If you release the left or right arrow key, the deceleration is so quick that the flea is near stationary when a jump key press is registered. This suggests I'm going to need to get a gamepad, though it seems a pity that I can't prototype with the keyboard.


Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.