Sunday, December 16, 2012

ochre

Copperbox revision 2905.

I've changed the syntax of the embedded DSL to be statement oriented rather than expression oriented.

With expressions, I found that I couldn't get tuples "for free" - I would have had to embed them in the DSL even though they can't feature in the final code (Csound has no tuples). With a statement based language I can get more from Haskell's do-notation.

The compiler remains the same - instruments are still first-order expressions, but there is an additional translation step from the embedded language to the compiler's internal syntax. Currently the translation has errors and the 2 more complicated instruments in the demo don't compile.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.