Monday, August 1, 2011

fmss

Copperbox revision 2506.

Major simplification / re-working of FMSS.

I've removed the translation phase and changed the ConfigMonad so that FMSS now works essentially as a macro-expander. The ConfigMonad no longer produces a set of datatypes that are translated into Csound code, instead it emits Csound statements "directly". Some ConfigMonad operations actually produce 2 or 3 lines of Csound code, but otherwise there is no translation hence it works like a macro-expander.

I actually spent all of Saturday and Sunday making FMSS much bigger and more complicated (none of the immediate results were worth committing to Copperbox). It had got so complicated by Sunday evening, that I decided all the new code was invalid and a simplification was desperately needed.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.