Tuesday, July 6, 2010

wumpus-core

Copperbox revision 1486.

More reworking / rethinking transformations on Primitives...

I've removed the Affine instances as the transformations aren't affine, but exported the transformations instead (rotatePath, scalePath, rotateText...). I've simplified Label and Ellipse again, removing the CTM - this is because Labels will only support rotation - Labels can be any point size at construction time[1], so they don't really need a scaling transformation. Ellipse doesn't support rotation currently but it might do if I can work out fully how it should work on Labels.


[1] This contradicts a belief I was working under that PostScript could not use scalefont to arbitrary point sizes - it can.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.