Monday, March 17, 2014

lambola

Copperbox revision 3110.

I've made a new prototype for name rewriting.

Name rewriting is split into three phases - tokenizing, rewriting words and recombining. This strategy is not so general, but it does seem to capture the uses cases I have in mind for rewriting variable names to meet language conventions (i.e. C, IDL and Java to Haskell and vice versa). The prototype will need some polish - particularly I need to decide whether to support typed tokens (words) or just Strings. "Just Strings" will have a simpler API if I can get by without more types.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.