Tuesday, September 3, 2013

orca

Copperbox revision 3003.

Work simulating the algorithm style used by Yahama's DX7 synthesizer and others.

The algorithm style is characterized by two parts - a network of operators and the connections between them (on the DX7 the operators were FM phasors) - the algorithm; plus processors that decorated each operator transforming their input and output signals (e.g applying an envelope or filter).

There is a lot that is clunky in my simulation, some can be improved but I need to work out a naming convention for functions with varying input and output arities.



Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.