Monday, May 27, 2013

Something new... Flea Circus

Copperbox revision 2979.

I've started something new (the wheels have rather fallen off my sound / music DSLs) - a platform game in Lua using Love and Zoetrope.

The game is being written for Light Night Leeds, Yorkshire's premier one-night only annual art festival. This year's Light Night theme is circus, hence the subject of my game. Light Night works by submission of interest, so I can make a proposal before I actually write the game. This is a necessity for me as I don't want to do all the work on a game only to have it rejected. Of course, if my submission doesn't make the grade I'll stop work on the game and go back to working on Majalan / Orca.

I do hope I get selected though - it will be fun to learn Lua properly and pressure makes pearls so working to an external deadline will be good discipline. As a game is quite a big project, it should make me get my code mojo working again - I've been very slack about committing to Copperbox this year, time for a change.





Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Disambiguating biog as there are a few Stephen Tetley's in the world. I'm neither a cage fighter or yachtsman. I studied Fine Art in the nineties (foundation Bradford 1992, degree Cheltenham 1992 - 95) then Computing part-time at Leeds Met graduating in 2003. I'm the Stephen Tetley on Haskell Cafe and Stackoverflow.